Surprise You Are A Mom !: My First Green Toys - Blocks

Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My First Green Toys - Blocks

Home Goods Shopping ! 


Just came from Homegoods with the husband and little one. I am in love with this store! It is like a TJ Maxx or a Marshalls but specializes for the home. I've never been to one until now. They have a pet section, bath, kitchen, etc. And the prices are great. I’m not really into name brands but I just got a Calvin Klein King size bed sheets for $49.99. I was going to go with a cheaper option but the color of the bed sheets were so pretty that I couldn't pass it up!


Also my husband pushed me to get a new comforter set. I personally like our old comforter set ( mind you we purchased it last summer and it was on sale at Target) and saw no reason to waste money when it is not needed. But again we were suckered in on how pretty it is. The great thing about the comforter set is that it came with 1 comforter , 2 shams , 2 euro shams, 1 bed skirt, 1 breakfast pillow (another word for a small fancy pillow) and a square pillow . It came out to $69.99 and the original price was $140. That is insane for that price! We can’t wait to go to bed in our new bed sheets & comforter tonight!




They have a section for the kids and I found some blocks for my daughter. I have been meaning to purchase some blocks for her ever since I saw her have so much fun playing with the blocks at the doctor's office.


The awesome part about these blocks are that they are a green product. When I mean green, I don't mean the blocks are colored green. But they are made of 100 % recycled plastic! And of course they are BPA free and made in the USA :) They were only $16.99! When I looked on Amazon they cost $20.18 (free 2-day shipping with prime amazon membership) So I basically saved a few bucks which is fine by me!
I can't wait for my daughter to play with them. After some shopping and lunch she was pooped and pass out for her nap time. I will later post if they were a success ::crosses fingers::