Surprise You Are A Mom !: Welcome!

Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Welcome!


Hi there! :)
I’m recently a new mom. I have read and seen how moms prepare for their new baby whether its their first or third child. Unfortunately, I did not have the joy to experience going to doctors and seeing one’s baby for the first time through the sonogram machine or do those cute Pinterest maternity pictures. Heck, I didn't even have a baby shower! 
You might have heard a television show called “I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant”. Well that was basically me, except it was not crazy dramatic like in the show. 
Yes , I didn't know I was pregnant until I went to the ER with my fiance. We got the news and we were surprised because I did not look pregnant. I just looked like I gained 20 pounds. I have seen the shows and heard stories of not knowing but I honestly thought it would never happen to me! My fiance ( now my husband) just kept calm when we both got the news. Thank goodness he was calm because if it weren't for him I would've freaked out. I am very lucky to have him in my life. Others in his shoes would of panic and left. But he kept the whole experience humorous. Making comments like “ I guess I won't be buying that retro arcade game for the office...”  with a chuckle. 
Once the baby was born, everything changed. It changed for the better. She has strengthen the bond between my husband and I. Made us better. 
Don’t get me wrong the next year or two was not all rosy. We did have bumps here and there. We had to learn how to balance our new life. 
I had to quit my job and stay home with the baby because it made more sense for us. When we first discussed this decision , I was honestly oppose to it but after running some numbers we realized that it was a better for me to stay home and bond with our new baby. 
I never realized how much work it was to be a mom. Keeping up the house, making breakfast/lunch/dinner, walking the dog, cleaning the litter, feeding/changing the baby and the list goes on. Like any new mom you tend to lose yourself in this new crazy schedule. But after awhile you get the hang of things. I even started going back to gym! I was shedding majority of my baby weight. Started to look like myself again. It was great! 
Then I started to wonder if there were any blogs or website out there for parents that were in a similar situation. I googled “ I didn't know I was pregnant blog” or “surprised mom blog” and there was no easy access for what I was looking for. All I could find were articles here and there or short forums.  So I decided to make one. 
I wanted to make this to help other moms out there that are wanting advice for their situation. It doesn't even have to be specifically about a new mom who didn't know that was pregnant. It could be about all types of moms too (and dads).
I am no doctor or psychologist but I can give you advice based on my experience. All one can do is gather as much information as one can and make a decision on what makes sense for each person. 
If there is a topic you are interested and you are embarrassed to talk about it with family or a friend.You are more than welcome to email me (surpriseyouareamom@gmail.com) about it and I will answer it to the best of my knowledge. 

Maritza