Surprise You Are A Mom !: Getting Back In Shape

Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Getting Back In Shape

Hitting the Gym!





Last week I mentioned that my goal of that week is to go to the gym at least 3 times. Guess what?! I did ! Yay! I am so happy that I did. It's an accomplishment . A small one but nonetheless still an accomplishment. Some readers might be thinking "Okay? Not a big deal" But it is a big deal cause on top of doing a million things in the day the last thing you want to do is work out. It may seem like a chore at the beginning but then it evolves to a part of you. Its becomes an automatic action like brushing your teeth every morning. 
Before I stopped working out in December 2012 , I would go work out 5 to sometimes 7 times a week. And cause of my hard work I've lost 32 pounds! I'm back to my old high school jeans and have a bunch of energy too! I want to continue losing weight in a healthy manner for my family and myself. I don't want to be the mom that can't really do anything due to their weight. Besides that I have a goal set to run the 5k for Miracle Miles Marathon.
When I went back to the gym this past week. I was a little scared that its going to take me forever to run my first mile let alone 3 miles. But I was surprised how well I did. There is always room for improvement of course. On Tuesday 3/19 I ran my first mile in 9 minutes and 10 seconds and my third mile was at 41 minutes and 41 seconds. I didn't pay attention to the time for the second mile cause I was watching a TV show. I finished with cool down at 43 minutes with a total of 3.10 miles. Not bad since I'm trying to stay under 45 minutes.  
My second day at the gym was Friday 3/22. First mile was at 10 minutes. It wasn't good compared to my first day. But I can always beat my times in the future. Second mile was 24 minutes and 19 seconds. Third mile was 35 minutes and 35 seconds. I finished with cool down (3.11 miles)  at 36 minutes and 50 seconds. Yay! I beat my Tuesday's time. Sorry I just get competitive with myself. Almost as competitive as Monica Geller from Friends. 
Then my third day was great! Mile one was 10 minutes and 26 seconds, mile two was 21 minutes and 50 seconds and mile three was 34 minutes and 40 seconds. At the end with cool down (3.11 miles) it was 35 minutes and 40 seconds! :-D 
Its a pretty successful week at the gym. Just gotta keep trying to go to the gym at least 3 times . Little by little I'm going to increase the amount of times so it doesn't feel overwhelming.