Surprise You Are A Mom !: New Recipe!

Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

New Recipe!

Family approved!



I'm a crazy Pinterest pinner! I always try to find recipes that my whole family will enjoy. Sometimes its a hit or miss. But this Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto & Cheese Recipe was amazing! And surprisingly easy to make!
There were a few things that I did differently. I had 3 chicken breast so I cut each of them in half (I think the term is called Butterfly) so I can have more pieces of chicken and have a little bit of leftover for lunch the next day. Since I had more pieces of chicken I made sure to double the stuffing recipe. Second I didn't use almond flour as the recipe ask for. I honestly didn't want to buy a $5 bag of almond flour for just this recipe. So what I did have in my cabinets were actual almonds and so I pulled out my handy-dandy food processor. I put the almonds in the food processor until it was flour like consistency. One thing that I added to my "almond flour" was kosher salt, onion powder , garlic powder, parsley and black pepper for a bit more flavor on the chicken. I don't know the exact measurements cause I eyeballed it. I taste it first and if it tastes as it needed more of one thing then I would add more. 
This chicken goes great with a nice salad or steamed veggies. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did!