Surprise You Are A Mom !: Sucks Being Sick ...

Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sucks Being Sick ...

Eww! Germs!



This past week I got sick. :(  That is why you haven't seen me blog like crazy. 
Now that I am a mom and a wife being sick is no fun. Not saying that it normally is. But I remember when I was younger my mom would make soup and I would pass out on my bed. Not really worrying about anything. School could wait till I'm fully recovered. 
Unfortunately that is not the case when you're a mom and a wife. People depend on you! While I was sick I still tried to manage to keep up with the house. Once my little one took her nap, I took advantage and took a nap as well. 
My husband was really sweet and went out and got me cough medicine and peeps! He really tried to help out with our daughter. There were points throughout the day where I couldn't keep up and I had to take an extra nap. 
Luckily I got better towards the end of last week. Just in time to have my father-in-law and sister-in-law stay for the weekend. We went to Universal Studios (you gotta love the annual passes!) and Downtown Disney. It was so much fun. But I totally forgot that it was St. Patrick's Day weekend. And boy was Downtown Disney packed! I usually avoid major holidays when going to the park. Cause I feel I'm being herded in the crowded. Also it wasn't easy maneuvering a stroller either. But other than that it was a great weekend. My sister-in-law and I made cupcakes. It was her first time baking ever! I know! Shocking ! But we had fun making them and they were delicious too! Spending time with family is always great! 
Now that I am better I have to get back to the gym! My goal this week is to at least go 3 times this week. I haven't been to the gym since December! :-O ! Recently I have been noticing the side effects of not going to the gym. I feel more tired by the end of the day. Luckily I haven't gained any extra pounds but I personally feel like I have. I have to get back into shape in time for my 5k or hopefully 15k :)