Surprise You Are A Mom !: Crock Pot Meatball Sub

Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Crock Pot Meatball Sub

Another Family Approved dinner !




I made this dinner last Saturday. It was soo delicious and easy to make. I first got inspired to make this cause of my husband. He loves the meatball subs from Subway.
 Last week he really wanted a meatball sub. So we went to Subway and I go in to order it since someone has to stay with the sleepy toddler in the car. As I order it the worker there tells me that they are out of it since they didn't "make" them this afternoon. Mind you they were advertising 'May $5 Footlong subs'. Really, Subway worker? I would of accepted "we ran out of meatballs" excuse. But their excuse was pure laziness. 
Well anyways. I felt bad that my husband didn't get his sub that night so I wanted to make one (and hopefully better than Subway)
So I went on a Pinterest search!(Duh! of course!) Many recipes sounded okay or way too complicated. And then I finally found one! An easy one! It involves a slow cooker too!
Easy Crockpot Meatball Subs Recipe is truly very easy. I was really glad that I was able to use my crock pot again. 
In this recipe, you have the option to use grounded chicken or turkey. I used the grounded turkey and it came out yummy! 
In the recipe they don't specify brands that they used.These brands were the only ones I could find while looking through a gazillion spices with a fussy toddler. The ones that I used were
Lawry's Roasted Garlic Salt and McCormick's Perfect Pinch Italian seasoning. 


For bread crumbs I used my store brand but Italian style for more flavor and for the pasta sauce I used Classico Roasted Garlic. Haven't I mentioned that our family loves garlic? 
You can use any kind of bread but we used hoagie bread since it was on sale that week. You could fit 4 meatballs but we only did 3 per sub. 
My apartment smelled lovely while making this meal. And my husband enjoyed this meal very much. He kinda hinted to make it again very soon.