Surprise You Are A Mom !: Abby's magical wands

Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Abby's magical wands

I wanted to share some of the things I made for my daughter's second birthday.
Since my daughter's theme was Sesame street I wanted to incorporate the theme in the food too. 
One of the things I've seen on Pinterest were the "Abby's Magical Wands". I knew I wanted it as part of my daughter's birthday party food.
 To my surprise these  were so easy to make! 

The materials you'll need are:

  • Pretzel Rods (We bought 2 bags )
  • Candy Melts (1 bag)
  • Sprinkles ( we picked pink and purple) 
  • 1 microwavable bowl
  • 1 tray (for your finish product to dry)
  • 2 small bowls (for the sprinkles)
  • Spoon or spatula 



First step is to melt the candy melts. You have the option to melt them over the stove or microwave. I took the easy route and used the microwave.
After they are all melted, you can start dipping the rods. Make sure to spread the candy melts evenly you can use your spatula or spoon to do so.
Next step is too use the sprinkles. I used the small bowls to catch the excess sprinkles. 
Once your done with that you can lay them down on your tray to dry. I made about 60 of these so by the time I was done and finish cleaning up they were completely dried. 
And there you have it! Abby's Magical Wands! 


These went very well with our theme. 
Everyone loved these! Some even took a bunch home with them. 


Just cause you see them as Sesame Street themed doesn't mean you only have to make them this way. You can make it as a Christmas theme, Easter theme, etc. These are great to make as gifts. 
If you need more Sesame Street inspiration you can look through my Birthday Ideas: Sesame Street board!