Surprise You Are A Mom !: Gym Time

Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Gym Time


Well Wednesday night I went to the gym at 11 pm. It has been almost 2 months since I have gone to the gym. I know it's been too long! 
Lately I have been feeling tired and some of my clothes didn't fit right. It was very disappointing cause all the work that I have done in the past was becoming undone due to preparing for my daughter's birthday and pure laziness. 

I decided to take action. Not only for my own health but also I wanted to be ready for Miracle Miles 5k/15k. I have yet to decide whether or not to stick with the 5k or just do a 15k. This would be the first time doing a marathon ever. So I am bit nervous if I do sign up for the 15k that I won't be able to finish it. Once it's the mid/end of August I'll make my decision.



Wednesday night was an indicator that I need to hit the gym more. The tread mill that the gym has has a 5k loop option. I always use that to run.  I ran my first mile in 10 minutes and 6 seconds , second mile in 22 minutes and 31 seconds and once I hit the third mile it was 39 minutes and 34 seconds. My total time was 43 minutes and 8 seconds with a completion of 3.20 miles and burned 352 calories.This is not that bad but months ago I was running my first my under or at 9 minutes. In the past I was able to run the 5k loop in about 35-37 minutes. 
I understand it's not a race that it's basically about endurance. But I am a person that needs a clear goal. As of right now my goal is to run the 5k loop in 35 mins. Once I get to that point I will increase the miles I run.


Thursday night was a slight improvement. first mile I ran it in 10 minutes 10 seconds, second mile in 21 minutes and 12 seconds and third mile in 35 minutes and 27 seconds. Yea i know the first mile wasn't as good as Wednesday night's. But there was an improvement in mile 2 and 3. So yay! My total run was of the 5k loop in 38 minutes and 55 seconds and completed 3.23 miles and burned 377 calories.


Tonight I am not going to work out cause I have to be up at 4:30ish a.m. due to my husband (Yes that A.M. ! ugh I know it sucks!). But that is okay I'll make sure I at least go to the gym tomorrow. My main goal is to at least hit the gym 3 times a week. Once I feel comfortable I'll increase the times I go.
One thing that I noticed that I tend to breathe through my mouth when I run. I have to learn to breathe through my nose. I don't remember why you have to do that but I remember when I played lacrosse my coach always reminded us to do that.