Surprise You Are A Mom !: Mango Banana Popsicle

Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mango Banana Popsicle


When my parents came to visit they gave us like a bagful of mangos! I love mangos so this was great. 
Growing up at my parent's house we had 3 mango trees. When I was younger I hated those trees. 
Not that I didn't like the fruit but the fact that when a mango falls and if it is not picked up on time then we would have a bunch of mosquitoes. I hate those little bugs and still do. Now that I don't have to deal with picking them up I enjoy them even more! 
After a while of eatng mangos (i think we my have overdose on mangos at some point) I needed to make a change in the way I eat these fruits. 
I usually cut up all the mangos and freeze them. So i was down to my last batch of frozen mangos. What to do? well I made a smoothie and frozen popsicle. 
I had about 3-4 cups of frozen mangos. I also had 2 ripe bananas on the counter. So I added that to the blender. And that was it and just hit the smoothie button on the blender. 
You can milk to make it creamy. But I felt that there was no need to. 
I filled in my popsicle mold and let them freeze over night. 
Whatever was leftover I drank it. I have say the smoothie was delicious! If you are doing those protein smoothies you can add whey protein. 
I gave one to my daughter as a dessert and she loves it! Planning on making different kinds of fruit popsicles.