Surprise You Are A Mom !: gym time

Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

gym time

Thursday I ran my 5k loop on the treadmill straight without stopping! Yay for me ! 
This is a great indicator that I can run a 5k in less than an hour. 
I didn't keep an eye of my times per mile. I really wanted to see my total time. Also tried to run at a steady pace. From what I remember the machine said that my pace per mile was about 12 minutes. 



This week I want to try to run 2 5k loops back to back to see how I am doing. And next week I'll try to 3 5k loops back to back too. You might be thinking "lady you are crazy!" but I am just curious about my endurance. If I can do 3 5k loops back to back then I'll officially sign up for Miracle Miles 15k! If not then I'll stick to 5k.
Another thing I have to tackle is that I have to discipline myself to drink more water throughout the day. That is one thing I am horrible at. I don't drink soda or juice. But I just don't drink enough water. I'm trying to drink one extra glass of water in the morning and at night besides what I drink during my meals.