Surprise You Are A Mom !: Our week

Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Our week

Two weeks ago we didn't have such a great week. We had to go to the ER for our daughter and let go our dog to the animal shelter. This past week I was better and my daughter too. Her stitches are still healing. I am glad to say that she is not scared of dogs at all. We take walks around our apartment complex and when she sees a dog she wants to pet it. I am just grateful that she has no fear of them. 
Now that I have slightly more time, I have more energy and time for my daughter. We continue to take more walks and have more activities outside, which is great! 
If you follow me on Twitter you might know that my husband went to the gym ! Yay!
He really wants to lose weight but needs support. My daughter and I go with him since we have a gym in our apartment complex. This creates great family time. My husband enjoys walking hand in hand with our daughter. Any opportunity we find to spend time together we always take advantage. 
I would like to work out when he goes to the gym but someone has to keep an eye on our little toddler that loves to touch everything. We go to the gym in the morning. I'm not a morning person, but I wake up because I love my husband.
As I mentioned before I have more energy and time so we were semi-deep cleaning my daughter's room. She even helped me by cleaning her play kitchen. She loves helping me clean. It's great that I am able to instill this in her. I hope this doesn't go away. 
As a mom you wear many hats. Chauffeur,  chef, cleaning lady, and the list go on. This week I was manicure and pedicure lady for my husband and my daughter. My daughter dislikes cutting her nails. She would let me cut maybe 3 fingernails or toenails. My husband loves the fact that he doesn't have to do it himself. He has more pedicures than me. (I should have never introduce pedicures to him when we were dating. Oh well!)  Do you have tips for cutting toddler's nails? I know that toddlers don't like to sit still for long. 
If you encounter this problem how did you over come it?
I want to announce that I officially signed up for Miracle Miles 2013 5K!!! Yay! I am super excited and nervous! I told myself that I would like to do the 15k. Unfortunately I felt that I wasn't fully prepared for it so I stick to the 5k. I run this Satuday (September 21st) I can't wait! Maybe next year I'll do the 15k. 
Over the weekend we decorated our home for Halloween/Thanksgiving. I love this time of year! Dressing up for Halloween, having turkey for thanksgiving, and next thing you'll know it's going to be Christmas!My husband question why I was decorating so early. I had to remind him that we will be in October in 2 weeks or so. Time flies !
On Sunday for no reason my husband surprised me roses and a card! Just because.
It reminded me of our early years of dating. He would buy me flowers and cards to remind me that he loves me. I remember one time he hid a rose in the trunk of the car. He tricked me and asked to get him his camera or something so I can find the rose. I'm so lucky to have him :)