Surprise You Are A Mom !: Potty Training

Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Potty Training

Potty training has been going pretty good other than the usual poop in her underwear. It's a common  occurrence with her. I'm hoping this changes soon!
The other night we went to Giordano's with my husband's employees. Even though she was wearing diapers she still used the bathroom. We went to the bathroom like 5 times. Out of all the times we went she actually used the bathroom twice. The rest were false alarms. I disliked these false alarms cause that meant I had to get up , get her out of her high chair, walk to the bathroom, take off her diaper and place her on the toilet. And when she didn't go I had to put her diaper back, walk back to our table and place her in her high chair. As you read it was time consuming and my pizza got semi cold when I had a chance to eat it. 
Oh, well! That's part of being a parent.
We have continued having her wear her underwear while taking naps. We have had about 2 accidents on her bed this week. I personally thought we would have more accidents on her bed but so far so good. 
Towards the end of the week it seemed like as if she reversed in her potty training. She had 2 peeing accidents in her room. Which was not fun to clean (since it was done on the carpets). Or she would pee just enough to have wet underwear which meant underwear change. 
I believe her 'terrible twos' are kicking in and has affected her potty training recently. I hope it was just a random act and we can move forward. 
Has any parent gone through this phase? It hasn't become discouraging for me just yet.
But I feel with a good attitude and consistency she will fully potty trained.