Surprise You Are A Mom !: A few places to go

Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A few places to go

There are so many places to go and things to do when you are down in South Florida! 
Majority of the time we were with family but there were a few times I went out. 
If you love local art on walls then Wynwood Art District is a great place to go. The weekend I went with my sister and best friend wasn't the big weekend that is known as "ArtWalk". So most of the galleries were closed but some bars were open and I did get a chance to see some art. If you are down in Miami during the second Saturday night of every month that is when ArtWalk takes place. During those times I am told the streets, bars and galleries are jammed packed.
If you want to go out dancing and have an amazing view of Miami then you should go to Club 50 or what is now called FIFTY Ultra Lounge.This club is located in the financial district of Miami which is Brickell. I usually go with my girlfriends and have a great time. But this time around we weren't able to go due the crazy rainy weather we were having. It bummed me out a little that we weren't able to go but I did get to hang out with my best friend either way :-)
I also did a quick visit at Key Biscayne where my Abuelita currently lives. There are plenty of beaches there and there is a dog beach too! Be advised to get there you have to pay toll to enter Key Biscayne. But the view of Miami on the Rickenbacker Causeway is gorgeous! Not only do they have beaches to visit but they have a well known bike trail called Virginia Key Mountain Bike Trail. I have a couple of friends who go through this trail weekly. 
A beautiful view from Rickenbacker Causeway at Key Biscayne
And another gorgeous view from Key Biscayne
One place I wasn't able to go was to the Knaus Berry Farm. I don't think they were open when I was down there. They are only open certain months out of the year. I have say that they have the yummiest cinnamon rolls! They are located a little out of the way but those rolls are worth it! 
While I was in Ft. Lauderdale, we had Kilwins ice cream and purchase a couple of pounds of their tasty fudge. You should of seen my daughter's face completely covered of ice cream. Not only do they have great ice cream but their location is conveniently minutes away from the beach! How great is that?!
Loved the packaging! So simple. Loved even more what was inside :)
My mother-in-law's apartment was about less than a mile from Commercial Boulevard (in Ft Lauderdale). One day we walked with my mother-in-law and my daughter (With no stroller I should add) to meet up with my husband's cousin. Unfortunately, my husband wasn't able to come with us cause he was busy working from back at the apartment. We, girls, ended up going the Village Grille for dinner. When we arrived they were having half priced sushi. This was great so we ordered a couple of rolls and a bottle of wine. Since we were sitting outside on bar stools my daughter wasn't really enjoying sitting on them nor was she really into the sushi. Good thing I packed her some food just in case! After dinner we walked back and that included my daughter too. She was so tired by the end of the night that she just changed to her PJ's and went straight to bed that night. 

Growing up in Miami I have always loved going to South Beach. The view of the beach is breath taking. But over the last few years I have grown to love Ft Lauderdale beaches too! From personal experience they are not as chaotic to find parking for the beach and seem to have a more calmer atmosphere. Mind you if you are down in South Florida for any major holiday it would be extremely busy whichever beach you go to. 
On Commercial Blvd, Ft Lauderdale. Looks like a post card doesn't it? lol