Surprise You Are A Mom !: Our trip

Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Our trip

We loved seeing our family. My husband on the other hand didn't really get to experience as much. He was stuck working most of the time. We thought he would be able to take his vacation but that is postponed yet again! In all honesty it sucks. But what can I do? There were a few times he was able to get out and hang out. But he went back to work after. 
There was one day where he was fed up and decided to take a break and go down to the pool. We literally were there 5 minutes. And of course South Florida weather decided to be bipolar and start raining. My husband commented, 'No one wants me to take a break and relax.' I was determined for him to enjoy a little bit of family time. I made him wait till it passes which it did. Instead of going to the pool we opted to the hot tub. It was way better than the pool. It really relaxed my husband. A little too much that he didn't feel like working. But he ended up going back to work anyways. 
You can't really tell from this picture but it's raining.
We only stayed a few days in Ft Lauderdale. My husband had to go to Miami Beach for a work event for a whole week. That meant my daughter and I wouldn't be able to stay with him. So we went to Miami to stay with my parents. 
We had a chance to celebrate my brother's birthday, see cousins that I haven't seen in a while and hang out with friends. My daughter loved staying with my family. She was able to go and play in the backyard and hang out with my cousins that are closer to her age. 
The first few days we spent at my parents, my daughter got a little sick. This happened last year too. I gave her some medicine and she was fine in a few days. 
Before we knew it, it was time for us to pack up and head back to Ft Lauderdale. Before doing that I had to be dropped off at Miami Beach to meet up with my husband so we can head out there. I helped him pack since there was a certain time he needed to check out and they had a meeting literally up to an hour before check out. 
People might think well if he knew what time check out was then he should of planned and prepared ahead. I would agree but he was not only there working 9 to 5. On top of the regular schedule they were throwing him more work and had to manage his new team of 17 people. The least that I can do is help him as much as I can. 
After packing our car up, we decided to take advantage of the pool from the hotel. We had so much fun. It was great to see my husband enjoy himself. We hung out with his team. Some of them I know them and some are new. They all grew to love our daughter. I think everyone does (LoL). The sun was setting so it was time to change and head to Ft Lauderdale.
At Miami Beach, FL (almost looks like a postcard lol)
Before we headed to my mother-in-law's apartment we ate at Miami Subs Grill. We haven't eaten there in forever. I don't know if it was the hunger but we had the best Steak and cheese sub there. And they had Nathan's crinkle fries too! Yum!
My mother-in-law was there when we arrived. She was so happy to see her granddaughter. The last time she saw her was about a year ago. But we chat through FaceTime. 
During that week we went to the beach a few times, hung out with my husband's side of the family. But of course most of the time my husband was stuck working. There were a few times we went out. We went to the beach, had some ice cream at Kilwins and hung out a little with his family. 
One of the days we had a family beach day :-)
Some of the seashells we kept. They look so pretty!
We were planning on staying another week since my husband has the ability to work from home. We were going to to the Keys. But the night before we were going to go my mother-in-law told us the internet is not reliable. That was basically a make it or break deal with my husband. His work relies heavily on the internet. So the following day we hung out with family and left that night. We didn't arrive till almost midnight. 
It took me a while to get the house in order and getting back to the groove of things. But I must admit we miss our family members. Good thing there are devices to help us keep in touch. :)