Surprise You Are A Mom !: My Second Sunshine Award

Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

My Second Sunshine Award

I can't believe this is my second Sunshine Award! I would like to thank Tisha from Doctor Mom's Recipes. Check out her blog! Love her posts. you might learn a thing or two. :)


Sunshine Award Rules:
- Thank and recognize your nominating Blogger
- Give 11 random facts about yourself 
 - Answer the 11 questions given by your nominating Blogger
- Pick 11 blogger Nominees 
- Post 11 questions for your nominees (you can not nominate your nominating blogger)

11 facts about me 
1. Our household speaks 3-4 languages: Spanish, English, Creole/French
2. I've completed my goal for 2013 to run Miracle Mile 5k ( my first 5k ever!) and can't wait to run another one :)
3. When I gave birth I weighed 200 lbs but I've dropped about 35-40 Lbs in the past 2 years!
4. Even though we own an iPad and iPhones we have a lot of Andy the Android figures lol
5. My friends and my husband's workers rave about my flan. When I make it randomly they get so happy and sometimes cheer about it lol
6. Growing up it was sometimes confusing when someone called my name cause it was the same as my mom's. 
7. I got married in the court room but I hope to have a small wedding in the future. 
8. The day I met my husband for the first time, our dating anniversary and our engagement anniversary fall under my husband's birthday (I think he planned this...)
9. I started keeping a journal for my daughter. It is basically random events and thoughts which I hope she can relate to in the future.
10. I love the color purple! (and oddly enough my husband too lol)
11. Growing up my parents never liked the idea of me sleeping over at a friends but it was okay for a friend to do so. Till this day I still don't understand that logic. 

Questions from Tisha
1. Tell me what is inside your bag right now.
my wallet, 3 applesauce pouches, water bottle, Peanut Butter cracker sandwiches, small container of goldfishes, a few tampons, gum, receipts, my husband wallet, 5 pull-ups, a pack of wipes, small diaper rash creme, small sanitizer bottle, Jergen's lotion travel size bottle, napkins, car keys, a coach wristlet with eye liner, lipstick and blush, and a body mist spray. 
2. What is the ultimate vacation destination for you?
I love the cold. Probably some where in the mountains or alaska or even Europe! I've lived in Miami all my life I think I'm over the tropical scene I want something different. 
3. Why and when did you start blogging?
I started in February 2013. I wanted to meet other moms that were in my shoes (not knowing they were pregnant until they were in labor). Even though us,moms, are a very small percentage we still get a negative reaction about it. I would like to teach other moms that the only difference between a normal pregnancy and ours are when we found out about our pregnancy. And I hope I can extend that knowledge in the blogging world as much as I can.  
4. Android or Apple?
I like both products. We own a few android products. But I have to say Apple for its convenience. Easy for us to keep in touch with family through Facetime. 
5. Share one embarrassing experiences you had so we can all laugh about it now. 
I was at a party. I must of been like 14/15 years old. And there was a guy that I liked at the time. He was looking at me and vice versa. So I decided to make a move but on my way walking to him, I literally fall. I wasn't drinking or anything it was just my clumsiness. I was so embarrassed that I never spoke to the guy. Luckily my friends and I left the party right afterwards.
6. What is your favorite expression?
Smiling ! :-D
7. Tell us about your childhood. 
I've moved like twice before college. My parents always worked. Since I was the oldest I was always in charge. I was drilled to be the responsible one. But doesn't mean I had a dark or sad childhood. I still had fun. Made long term friendships. I loved being sporty this was encouraged by my dad and took in effect during high school as a lacrosse player. There were times I disobeyed my parents like any other regular kid but I still love them. 
8. Share your most romantic date ever. 
This was back in my dating period with my husband. We were heading to South Beach, FL. After picking me up we surprised me with my favorite chocolates and got me one rose. We walked around the beach area. We just snuggled together at the beach under the moon and stars after dinner. I was very simple but romantic. 
9. If a genie grants you 3 wishes, what would they be?
First wish is to get the house we put an offer in. Second, win a big jackpot. That way my husband can stop working and enjoy fulltime with the family. Third, ummm don't know what to pick... I think I'm good with 2 wishes for now. 
10. If you can change the name your parents gave you, what would it be?
I don't think I would change my name. I like my name. I've gotten compliments over it. When I was younger I loved the named Cassandra. Maybe that? lol
11. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I'm definitely a night owl! For some reason I feel more productive at night. This was even before I had my daughter.

My nominees:
1. Natasha from Epic Mommy Adventures
2. Kristan from Munchkin And Bean 
4. Michelle from Ma Made Creations
5. Lisa from The Squishable Baby
6. Crystal from Mommi Fried
7. Ophelia from Latina Mama Rama
9. Kelly from The Creative Chickadee
10. Cathy from A Peek Into My Paradise

My 11 Questions For My Nominees
1. Tis the season to get sick! What are your secret remedies?
2. Tell me what is inside of your bag right now. 
3. What's your favorite blog post? Share the link! 
4. Are there certain things you won't blog about?
5. Since the holidays are coming up is there one dish without fail you must have during Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner? 
6.  What inspired you to start blogging?
7.  What do you like to do on your spare time?
8. What are your favorite Youtube Channels?
9. What's your most embarrassing moment 
10. What is your favorite season? 
11. Have traveled outside the country? If so where did you go?

Can't wait to read your responses Nominees!
To my close blogger friends I would have loved to have nominated you again. But I wanted to give a chance for other bloggers that I wanted to nominate :) Thanks for understanding.