Surprise You Are A Mom !: Simple Cake Recipe

Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Simple Cake Recipe

A couple of weeks ago, I tweeted about making a cake from scratch. 
I meant to post how it turned out but never got around to it. (Hey that's basically life to you.) 
My husband was really craving something sweet which he rarely does. But I didn't have a cake mix box or anything of that sort for that matter.
I looked through my cabinets and saw that I had the essentials to bake. Flour, sugar, milk, eggs, and etc. And I thought why not make it from scratch! I want to say that all you mommy/baker bloggers inspired me to bake this. Obviously mines wasn't the most fanciest desert. It was just a simple white cake. This cake tasted almost like a sugar cookie. 
I usually contact my baker friend, Liz, for this but I knew she was asleep around the time I wanted to bake. So I didn't bother her. Good thing there is the Internet!

Ingredients:
- 1 cup white sugar 
-1/2 cup butter
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk



Directions 
1. Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease & Flour a 9 x 9 pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners
2. Mix the sugar and butter. Then beat in the eggs one at a time. Then combine flour and baking powder to the mix . Last you stir in the milk until batter is smooth. 
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes in oven. For cupcakes bake for 20-25 minutes.

While the cake was baking. I realized that I didn't have any frosting for this cake! 
So I made it from scratch too! I'm no expert but this Basic Vanilla Frosting that I found online almost had the texture of frosting of the lemon pound cake they sell at Starbucks.
 I honestly wouldn't use this recipe again cause how sugary it was. Yeah I know it's suppose to be sweet but the cake itself was really sweet. Next time maybe make a  buttercream frosting?
Here is the finish product! Of course I had to add the sprinkles!