Surprise You Are A Mom !: To Bottle or Not to Bottle?

Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

To Bottle or Not to Bottle?

I have to say my daughter has been bottle free for the last four days! WoooHooo!
For a while I have been thinking over and over how to take the bottle away from her. 
There was one night this week we all went to sleep early. She didn't even asked for the bottle cause she was so tired that day. 
The following day I pointed it out to my husband about the previous night being bottle-free. 
He insisted to try it again. I was worried that my daughter wasn't as tired as the previous night and would cry for the bottle. 
So that night I didn't even mentioned the 'B' word. And she was content with just her pacifier.
Then the third day I tried to have a bottle-free naptime. I figured why not? What is the worst that can happen? 
Surprisingly she was actually content with the idea of no bottle even though she asked for it. I told her "no bottle, only pacifier" and she responded "okay, pacifier" 
No fight at all. I was shocked! It was so easy!
Then I tried another full day being bottle-free to make sure it wasn't a fluke.
And it wasn't!

Found her like this during her nap
I guess it was time for my daughter to let go of her bottle. 
It saddens me a bit cause it's one of the last few items that reminds me that she is no longer a baby but a toddler. It is true that time flies especially if you have a kid. 
Next thing to tackle is her pacifier. She doesn't use it that much only for nap time and bedtime. Right now I am going to enjoy this milestone of my daughter.