Surprise You Are A Mom !: Corn Salsa Recipe

Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Corn Salsa Recipe

About a week before Christmas, my husband invited a few people from his team to have a BBQ dinner. And I made this dip that everyone really loved. I made this for the first time for the dinner. Our friend, Dan, made it for us about a year ago. My husband and I were like addicts eating it everyday until it was gone. That's how good it is! We never got the recipe until now! 
The great thing about making this recipe is that you get about 6 cups worth of dip. I know. I know. You must be thinking that is way too much. But once you take a bite you'll be hook!



Ingredients you'll need:
3 cans of sweet corn & diced peppers (11 oz cans)
1 can of chopped green chiles (7 oz can)
1 can of chopped jalapeno pepper (6 oz can)
1/2 cup of chopped green onion
1 cup of mayo
1 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
16 oz pack shredded sharp cheddar cheese

First you'll need a large mixing bowl. Make sure it's large.
Like I said before this dip makes about 6 cups!

How to make it:
1. Drain the 3 cans of sweet corn& diced peppers. Also chop up the green onions
2. Drain the chopped jalapeno peppers but make sure to keep the liquid cause you'll add it to the dip for taste.
A great tip is the more you add the juice the greater the spicy kick becomes! So pour little by little till you are satisfied :)
If you can't find the chopped jalapeno pepper cans you could also purchased the jar ones and chop them yourself
3. All you do is add the ingredients together.
4. Let it chill for an hour or two. And you are good to go. 
I personally don't think you need to wait cause it still taste great either or.

These go great with Tostitos Scoops Fajita Flavored Tortilla Chips. My husband found these chips at Target. Don't know if it is a limited time item. But it's delicious with the dip.


I hope you enjoyed them as much as we have :)