Surprise You Are A Mom !: 2014 blogger Challenge #6

Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2014 blogger Challenge #6

This blogger challenge is all about food! 
I have to say that my husband is a better cook than me. He makes amazing bbq and mac & cheese. 
I'm good at cooking but not the greatest. Gotta be thankful for the internet and Pinterest! 
If it weren't for that I don't know what I would be cooking for dinner. 
Even using a recipe sometimes it was a not a family approved one. There were triumphs and fails like with anything one does. 
But there are a few recipes that my family enjoys.

baked chicken with stuffed pesto and cheese
These recipes are the few that we repeat often. 
And of course we can't forget about the sweets. 
There were so many recipes out there especially in Pinterest that didn't really work out for me or didn't taste as good as I thought it would be. I don't want to reinvent the wheel but I created my own version of the Nutella Brownie in a Cup


I want to share one recipe that my husband loves to eat for breakfast. 
It's an English Egg Muffin Breakfast Sandwich. You probably have seen them at McDonalds. 
Not trying to talk down on McD's but I make a better breakfast sandwich.


Things You'll Need:
about a tablespoon of Butter
2 slices Ham
2 eggs
2 English muffins 
2 Kraft slice cheese

You can customize this with a wheat English muffin, egg whites or even add veggies like spinach or peppers

Steps:
1. Heat up your pan and add your butter.


2. Add both eggs and mix in the ham. Before adding the ham cut them into pieces.
3. This is optional: Toast your English Muffins

My husband didn't want the cheese on top this morning
4. Once your eggs are fully cooked, separate it in half. Then add your slice cheese on top.
5. Place each half of the egg & ham mix on your English muffins.


Tah Dah! You have a simple breakfast that you can take to go or enjoy it at home. 
If you only want one sandwich then all you need to do is cut this recipe in half. 

Do you have a go to recipe? Would like to share any breakfast related recipes?
Share by commenting below :)