Surprise You Are A Mom !: the last two weeks

Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

the last two weeks

I gotta say that I love when my husband cooks! 
Not only do I not have to cook but his cooking is so yummy! 
My daughter ate two plates worth of it.

Husband made this yummy dinner
We were watching the Big Bang Theory a couple of days before and there was an episode where they had these delicious looking brownies. And ever since then I was craving some brownies.
So of course we baked some brownies! My daughter and I just made some from the box. 
It was so delicious. My husband isn't a big brownies fan. And that is fine with me cause that means there is more for me.


A great tip if you are baking is to use non-stick aluminium foil or parchment paper instead of buttering the pan. Not only you don't have to clean the pan but you can easily take out your creation without damaging it. I wish I would of known about this before!
We normally try to take a walk at least once a day. But for some reason the previous Friday we had a furry friend follow us home. 
Don't really understand what the infatuation with our family and furry pets. If you recall we had a random dog stop by our house before.
look who followed us home?
Anyways I have a feeling that this someone's outdoor cat because it was so friendly and really clean too. I've seen this cat around the neighborhood before. If this is an outdoor cat shouldn't it wear a collar? That's just my opinion. 
So my mother in law has been asking us to get our passports ready. It's more so due to my husband's Grandma (we call her Mami Amour) being ill. She can no longer travel. If it were up to her she would but her body is tired but her mind thinks that she can do anything. 
Over these past two weeks we have been trying to get our passports. We've taken the pictures, gotten our papers ready. When we get there we can't do anything, well for my husband. He was born in a different country so his birth certificate is in a different language. They told us that we need it to be translated to English. So after finding someone to notarize and translate it in English we realized that it wasn't really needed. The person that was helping us to get our passport failed to mention other options. Translating cost us not only money but our time. Another bump on the road is changing my maiden name to my married name. We've been married for two years already but never really wanting to do it. It's such a hassle. Going to the Social Security place, waiting and then doing the same at the DMV. But it is finally done. I'm officially a Guzman! Yay! Now my husband can stop bugging me about it.
Hopefully this week we have chance to go to the court to get this passport done too.
One good thing that came out of this passport thing was going into "town". I now live 30-40 minutes away from Orlando. So a lot of major stores are not close by. Michael's, Whole Foods, Target and malls (oh how I do miss thee!) are a longer drive now. We stopped by Whole Foods and got a couple of goodies like freshly grind honey roasted peanut butter and almond butter. I made sure to get a big tubs of these. Don't know when I'll be back.

 Tried to take a decent picture of these two and this was the best shot. The dog was smelling hot dogs and Jinx was excited to have a dog next to her.
This past weekend our local animal shelter was having a mega adoption event. My husband insisted in going. 
It was so much fun. There were different animal rescues and Petsmart volunteers were there too. 
Ever since the unexpected dog visit a couple of weeks ago, we have been looking into finding a new furry family member. We are open minded to any breed and size. We were looking for a dog that we would connect with. There were a handful of dogs that didn't meet the criteria like being able to deal with small children and cats. So the pool was pretty small. We didn't end up getting a dog that day. There's no rush in getting dog. It will happen when it will happen.

How was your week? Anything exciting happened?
Love to hear about it, so comment below :)