Surprise You Are A Mom !: Disconnect

Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Disconnect

Growing up in a world that technology is at your fingertips does have its downfalls. 
Not saying that it is evil.
 Just saying that we forget to interact with others or use up a portion of our valuable time. 
I have to say that I am guilty of this. 
Sometimes Moxxi asks for attention while we are on the iPad.
A few times I've over cooked the a meal because I was so focus on my Facebook or blog. 
Yes, technology is great to have.
We get to interact with those that are far or look up recipes for a special meal.
But we forget to see what's happening around us in the now.
Even my daughter who is 3 years old loves using her mini iPad for educational games, reading, and taking multiple pictures. But when it comes to ending her iPad time she becomes upset at times.
Those rare times that she has a fit, I then question if I am giving her too much time on her iPad?
Do we focus so much time on our statuses, likes, or YouTube videos?
Whether we are moms, students, bloggers, we have to learn how to disconnect a bit. 
And no don't take it to the extreme by going off the grid. 
But by taking the time maybe a full day or just a few hours to put away your tablets and smartphones.  Go and enjoy the outdoors, bake something with your family. Or even just clean up your desk that you always complain that you don't have time for. You will be amazed how much more time you have throughout the day when you are not focusing on your devices.
Just having a random moment with markers as a family
Whenever I do this it is very refreshing for myself.
When I do this I keep my phone on my desk within reach to take a cute picture of my daughter. But other than that I won't check my emails or my social medias. I'll just keep it there until my few hours are up.
During this time I focus on my family and myself.
Just for a few hours. 
I encourage you to take the plunge to disconnect and see your own results.
Was it difficult to temporarily let go of your tablet/smartphones?
Are you willing to do this again?Maybe weekly?
Love hearing from you so comment down below :)