Surprise You Are A Mom !: Tuttorosso {Review & Recipe}

Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Tuttorosso {Review & Recipe}



I love finding new recipes for my family to enjoy. 
I'm excited to share with you Tuttorosso's website and products. 

All their products are made in the US, no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, no MSG and are all natural. They now have a "No Salt Added" products that you can choose from. 
I didn't need to be sold on them since I've used their products before. And my food always comes out fantastic when I use their products. 
Tuttorosso sent me a kit that came in a reusable tote that contained Martha Stewart Living Magazine of the November 2014 issue. In this issue it contains full-page ads that features beautiful photography of ingredients needed for a favorite Tuttorosso family recipe; Lasagna Primavera. Also on marthastewart.com they will be sharing  'Thirty Italian Family Favorite' Recipes
Of course they sent some of their products like 28 oz products of Crushed Tomatoes with basil, Peeled Plum Italian Style Tomatoes & Sauce and also a 6 oz can of Tomato Paste.
Lastly they sent me an apron to get my cook on.


Looking through their site, I honestly wanted to cook everything. 
But one recipe caught my eye and besides I've been craving it too. 
I decided to make their Classic Italian Lasagna Recipe. 
I had to get a few more ingredients besides the ones that were given to me to create this delicious dish. If you are interested in this recipe or others then check out Tuttorosso's website 

Check out my video review & recipe here:



Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound pork sausage 
3- 8 oz cans of Tuttorosso Tomato Sauce 
2- 6 oz cans Tuttorosso Tomato Paste
1 -28 oz can of Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes in rich tomato juice
2 Garlic Cloves, minced (I personally like garlic so I doubled the amount)
2 teaspoons of Sugar
2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning 
Salt & Pepper to taste
3 eggs 
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1- 15oz carton low fat ricotta cheese 
9 lasagna noodles 
3 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Large Pot (for cooking noodles)
Pyrex (9x13)

Steps
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit.  
2. In large skillet, cook beef & sausage over medium heat until brown.
3. Add tomato sauce , tomato paste, diced tomatoes , garlic sugar , Italian seasoning.
4. Add Salt & Pepper to taste. Bring to a boil Reduce heat to simmer & cook uncovered for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Boil water in large pot for lasagna noodles.
6. Cook noodles for as much time your box instructs & Strain noodles.


7. In large bowl combine eggs & parsley.
8. Stir in Ricotta Cheese & Parmesan Cheese.


9. Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in pyrex 
10. Add a layer of 3 lasagna noodles on top.
11. After add half of the ricotta cheese mixture & 1 cup of mozzarella cheese & 1 cup pf sauce. 
12. Repeat layers  & top with last 3 noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.


13. Cover  & bake for 50 minutes 
14. Uncover & bake 20 minutes longer
15. Let it stand 15 minutes before serving & Enjoy!


As you can tell we couldn't resist waiting 15 minutes. It was so delicious! 
And my husband was actually impressed too!! And that is rare to say.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did.
Let me know if you made this recipe or any other Tuttorosso recipes by commenting down below :)
Love hearing from you! 
Thanks for reading/watching! 

Disclosure: I want to thank Tuttorosso for reaching out to me to create this review. All of my opinions are a 100% honest. I would not recommend anything that I wouldn't personally like/purchase.